Why is it dangerous?
Moulds release chemicals and spores causing a health risk to pregnant women, infants, the elderly, those with health problems such as respiratory disease, asthma, and those with a weakened immune system. Common symptoms to mould exposure can include headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, sinus congestion, coughing and sneezing, eye, nose, throat and skin irritation, dizziness and nausea.
Staining or discoloration or a musty and earthy smell can indicate mould, though mould can be any color may even be odorless. Painting mover mould only masks the problem because paint does not kill mould. Mould will reappear until its source of moisture is removed and a proper fungicide is applied.